7.20.2011

light.





last week at the beach house, something about the full moon brought me peace.
i don't know if it was the light that helped me to not be so scared while walking home at night on those unfamiliar streets.
or if it was just nice to have something that is always there no matter where you are in the world.
or maybe knowing that its the same moon i have grown up with in utah.

i remember finding this quote last time i was in spain,

I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. - Mary Anne Radmacher

& how true it is. its the same moon, but its being seen through a different perspective.
and its those times when i am so grateful to be here. to be experiencing all that i am.
& although sometimes i do feel how very far away from home i am,
i know this is where i am supposed to be right now.


*sadly these pictures didn't capture the fullness of the moon, but oh well :(

3 comments:

  1. I love that quote. So true that travel changes you. My experiences in China, Paris, and London have expanded my horizons more than anything else and have changed me to the core. I can't wait to continue to see the moon from all it's angles. But until then, I will read your lovely thoughts...accompanied by pretty pics...And I totally hear you about photographing the moon. It makes me crazy that it always looks so grand in real life, and then when you go to take a pic it looks like a spec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting that as spread out as we all are we were all trying to take the same picture of that spectacular moon last week. I just read that the moon is considered a child's companion because when you walk it keeps pace with you--hadn't really thought of that before. I guess even when we Jet Set it keeps pace with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminds me of "An American Tail" when they sing "Somewhere out there beneath the pale moon light, Someones thinking of me and loving me tonight."

    Imagine me belting that out and you'll be glad you are on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete