9.09.2011

notes from spain.



dear little sister,
i bought you the cutest thing yesterday. i tried it on & loved it too much so i had to buy one for myself as well. i thought i could just get one for you & then borrow it but then that isn't a very nice thing to do with a gift (plus i just might move out again.... someday) so i bought two. luckily the summer sales here in spain are muy bueno so i didn't feel too guilty.

dear humidity,
after spending another summer with you, i am still not a fan.

dear camera, 
you are a trooper. you have been by my side since my sophomore year of high school and have always done your job. but i'm starting to feel your 6.0 worth of megapixels just ain't cutting it for me anymore. or maybe its just that no pictures can do this island in spain justice. either way, i kind of really want an upgrade. santa claus? :)

dear car, 
i miss you. although i'm getting a lot more exercise here, i realize now how much more i appreciate you. sorry for taking you for granted. i hope the family is treating you well (or else!).

dear speedos, 
i used to be grossed out by you. but now i'm just thankful that some european men put at least something on in the first place. so thank you for providing the small cover that you do.

dear bed,
the second i jump onto you i might just never get up again.

dear autumn,
i see all these fb statuses, blog posts, etc. that you are on your way. but i don't have any sign of you here on this never-changing island. however, i do look forward to meeting you soon. along with my fall attire.

xo,
lulu

7 comments:

  1. Dear Linz,

    Thanks for giving me a new way to look at a speedo. And for giving me a view into new places.

    Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, thanks for your wisdom and funny comments! You definitely have a good sense of humor! Enjoy the rest of your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lindsay:
    Thanks for always making my day a little brighter and sharing with me a view of the world that I might not otherwise have!

    Dear Beautiful Day:
    Please make sure that you stay around until Oct. I need to share you with some friends!

    Dear Pictureline:
    Thanks for guiding me in my camera purchases but alas, I think I might have to break it off with you now that I discovered B&H Photography on the internet-my new go to man for all my photographic needs!

    Love,
    Aunt Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your notes. And just read your previous posts I had not yet seen. I love the picture of you in your last post with the city in the background. So gorgeous! I miss you girls and I'm glad you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you!! Can't wait to get my clothes you need to send me haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me laugh and laugh and laugh!

    ReplyDelete