8.08.2012

utah summer goodness.



this past weekend was what i would call a "classic-utah-summer-weekend" and i loved every bit of it.
i've been gone to some other part of the world every summer for the past three years but i decided to stay home this summer for several reasons. one of them being that i missed having just a good ol' utah summer. cause lets be honest, utah summers can be pretty darn great.
and now i find myself in august just weeks away from school starting and i'm like whaaaat? my utah summer can't almost be over! the problem with staying home is i also stay with my normal routine. work & obligations can make time fly. but i'm so glad i was able to have this weekend up at the cabin so i could re-focus on what summer is all about.
spending time in beautiful places with good company having good times.
these two photos only caught a bit of the weekend. it also included middle of the night fishing in the full-moon light (and falling in the cold river, up to my waist and getting one heck of a bruise on my arm. oh dear.) and the park city art festival. lots of laughter and good conversation.

p.s. special thanks to my lovely cousin jessica and this blog post. i needed a reminder of why i first started blogging in the first place. having laptop issues hasn't been helping any but i have no excuse for my lack of blogging since i got back from europe almost a year ago! i am determined to start blogging the big & even just the little things that mean so much to me. thanks, jess!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, my scheming worked. When I wrote that post, I was seriously hoping you would read and start blogging! I've missed seeing the world through your lens so much. How I wish I a had a blog back in my college days. It would have been so nice to capture some of those memories in pictures.
    The weekend at the cabin sounded heavenly. I am a big believer in all stages in life being sweet. But being single and care free in the summer is so much fun. The Utah mountains are are the best backdrop for hanging with your besties. I hope there is lots more posts coming our way. They always make my day.
    P.S. Around Christmas the blog2print books go on sale 15% off. You will have to tell Santa:) Because we need to get your pretty pictures published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun having everyone at the cabin even for a few hours. This weekend is the "star show" hope a few of you come back. I'm with Jessica, keep blogging...maybe we can all have a fresh start this week!! (P.S. We replaced the water heater this week-no more cold showers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you come up again this weekend to so we can see you. I'm glad everyone is taking Jessica's advice. I'll have to also start commenting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linz, you make the most of every minute!

    ReplyDelete