10.08.2012

dirt roads & pretty colors















it was one of those evenings where i needed time alone.
so i drove. and drove. until i found myself on a dirt road high above the noise & surrounded by nothing but peaceful silence. the sun was just gracing the earth with its last bit of rays and
made the fall colors seem even more enchanting.
the air felt cool & crisp and the earth felt raw beneath my feet.
i just wandered and sat. and stood and watched.
it was exactly what i needed.
{and i had no cell phone service... a little nerve-racking for this generation, but ultimately a refreshing feeling}

isn't fall just the best?

p.s. don't mind the awkward self-photos. that's what happens when you go on an adventure alone.

3 comments:

  1. It seems to me that this is a much "deeper" post than meets the eye! The road pictures tell a story :-) Keep posting and keep reading that book that is on your sidebar--we need to hear more!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you know the power of heading to higher elevations to clear your head. You are a girl after my own heart. What I would give sometimes for the peace of the mountains. I love being a mama, but sometimes I long for the silence of my single days. I am glad you are enjoying this time to the fullest. Thanks for sharing your pretty pics. You got style girl!

    ReplyDelete