6.25.2010

culture.


You can find plenty of it here in Hawaii. That is one thing that I love about being here… so many people from so many different countries with so many different cultures you can learn about.

The polynesian cultural center (a.k.a. the PCC) is right next to campus and tons of students from BYU-hawaii work there but unfortunately I couldn’t get a job there since I’m blonde & white (racist?... maybe ;). Anyway dev & I went there yesterday to check it out and it was a lot fun. We learned many things about the different pacific islands, watched a guy climb a huge palm tree, had a tour in a canoe, learned how to get the coconut milk from coconuts, etc.
P.s. I’m taking a “folk dance of the pacific islands” class at byu so when I get home I can teach you all my sweet new dance moves from Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, & New Zealand. I'm sure you cant wait!
hawaii to-do list: #17. check!

2 comments:

  1. I can't ever think of the PCC without thinking of a guy Jessica dated from Las Vegas, dark-skinned white guy, he was a "male-model" and tourists got to stand and have their pictures taken with him at the PCC. They aren't totally racist if you just look the part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and Dev had a fun and educational day at the PCC!

    ReplyDelete