8.16.2011

beach journey.

i was at the beach house this weekend in La Rapita & since alicia's family lives only fifteen minutes away she came and slept over saturday night. savannah's family arrived on sunday morning to another beach town which is also fifteen minutes away (by car, mind you) where they will be spending the next two weeks for holiday. 
so alicia, savannah, & i being desperate to spend the day together decided to journey along the coast from our beach towns until we ran into each other. 

 the color of the sea at these beaches is breathtaking.
 obviously mine & alicia's walk was much more enjoyable since we were together & would stop at prime photo ops like this one.
 we came across ruins of old homes that must have been there a long time ago. it was fun to explore.
& finally about forty-five minutes later of walking along the shore we saw savannah's familiar face. 

*side note that i just have to add: it just so happens that the beach in the middle of our two beach towns is basically a nude beach. we suddenly started noticing while walking along the shore that almost nobody was wearing a swimsuit. lets just say i have now seen naked bodies in all different sizes, shapes, colors, etc. haha oh dear.....
 we then bought sandwiches from a beach bar (mine consisted of french bread, olive oil, & cheese of course... the usual here in spain) and we took it to eat on the rocks.
it was a lovely (& tiring) sunday in spain.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure and beautiful pictures! Too bad your two families didn't choose the same place to holiday in but I guess they live pretty much together so being away from each other might be a holiday in itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey your hair is soo long and so pretty! I am jealous, I wish I could be in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this filled my beach needs for the day! The water is amazing--even the water looks old! I love your outfit Lindsey, you are just looking so European these days. A 45 minute walk on the beach blog--just what I needed on my cyber-vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? No pictures from the nude beach? How can I get the full effect?

    What gorgeous scenery. Makes me want to break out in Mamma Mia songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures or gorgeous! And your romper is to die for! I'm glad you guys are having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ditto what everyone else said. The water is so blue and you look like you are right off a summer chick flick. Will you go to Europe every summer?:) I love living through you and your adventures.

    ReplyDelete