4.17.2010

girls day on the slopes.


Yesterday Carolyn got Savannah, Alicia, and I free passes to Solitude since its the last weekend of the season. It was a 75 degree day so even though the slopes were slushy; the fact that we skied in tank tops and got a start on our tans for the summer made up for it.

Last season I was the only skier and the rest of my friends snow boarded so I was always the loner but this time Alicia said she would try skiing with me. It wasn't exactly the best day for her to learn with all the slush mounds that try so very hard to take you down when you ski over them but she was a trooper and did really well & she ended up really liking skiing! It was funny because even though we would go as fast as we could down the hill so that we could make it past a flat part we would go about 10 feet and then just come to a complete stop. But it was a lovely free day of skiing... not to mention the free pizza and ice cream we got afterwards since Carolyn has all kinds of connections to the other people who work up there as well. Thanks Carol for such a fun girls day!!

5 comments:

  1. So did you girls fry? Nothing like Spring skiing to turn someone into a lobster. It does look like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo Fun. Girl Power...Way to be a ski girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet... you're gonna have to teach me one of these days. i love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem bestie! :) I'm glad we all got to go and as well got free icecream&pizza! It is fun to have hookups at such an expensive place! haha well I love you girlees and i'm so glad you came with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm actually sad that ski season is over this year. Hopefully it slides right into water ski season.

    ReplyDelete