4.15.2010

happiness: is just outside my window.


I love springtime. I do admit that sometimes the bi-polar weather tends to get annoying but in the long run I have always been a rain or sunshine kind of girl. As for snow, I don't mind it at Christmas time or when i'm on the slopes but any other time; I would like it to go far, far away.
Sunny days motivate me. When I wake up to the warm sunshine outside my window I get all excited and think of everything I can accomplish that day. I loved today; I went running with my dogs in hope of soaking up a few rays & getting in some exercise for summer and then although I had to spend the rest of my day at school, I enjoyed sprawling out on the grass under the sunshine during my breaks between classes. How can you not be happy in such nice weather?
Rainy days on the other hand have a good effect on me too. I have always thought living in Seattle for awhile would be a fun experience. Although they can seem dark and dreary; I love a good overcast/rainy day every once in awhile because then I feel like I have the right to slow down. I can stay inside and read a good book or take a relaxing drive while listening the sound of the rain on my windshield. Rainy days don't feel as stressful as Sunny days because I don't feel like I have to be on the go all day long; I can sit back, relax, and breath.
Although I am very excited for summer, once the heat hits; it'll be here for awhile. So for now I am just as content with rain or shine, boots or flip flops, umbrellas or sunglasses; ohhh the joys of spring. I wonder what type of day the weather has in store for me tomorrow? It's hard to tell when you live in Utah(:


P.s. All this talk of rain reminded me of a rainy day last year that Savannah, Alicia, and I took full advantage of. We put on our swimsuits and played in puddles around our apartment parking lot until we were numb. It was October and the sun had already gone down... call us crazy but we had so much fun, plus we got some cute pictures out of it (i.e. the picture posted above is Alicia and I).

3 comments: