3.28.2011

sister.


mikayla at her 80's themed birthday party

mikayla's 12th birthday was yesterday!
i can't believe it was TWELVE years ago now that i finally got a little sister.
after praying for five years for this girl, i can say that the day she was born definitely goes in the top five happiest days of my life.
and i'm so grateful that it was mikayla who was sent to our family.
she brings so much joy & laughter into our home and even though we love to tease her since she is the youngest, we all love her so much.
she has become so talented as a dancer and pianist and is really good at sports too.
she is much more sporty than i ever was.
i am sad she is growing up so fast but i'm excited to watch her go through jr. high and high school and see where life takes her. i know she will do amazing things.

i love you kaykay!

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey, Mikayla is an amazing girl and everyone in the family loves her so much! You are a great big sister to her and we all love you so much too! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious...What were the other 4 happiest days? Thank you for sharing MiKayla's happy day! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linz, I have to admit I really didn't think you were going to get your little sister! But I didn't know how to tell you, It would have broke your Heart!!! I guess you were closer to Heavenly Father! You absoutely knew you were going to get your little sister! What Faith you had as a little girl! Impressive! The day we found out she was going to be a girl, I will never forget, when the doctor announced she was a girl, You said YES! As positive as could be! I was tickled Pink to see you so Happy!!! Your dream came true! As you knew it would! I don't think I will ever see you so Happy Again!!! Lots and Lots of Love!!! MOMMY

    ReplyDelete