5.15.2011



life. 
it is so confusing & frustrating at times.
just when you think all is good & clear, it changes.
nothing ever stays the same.
change is inevitable. there is no avoiding it. 
sometimes change can be good. i mean a lot of times i even like change.
but other times i don't. especially when its the kind of change that takes my clarity away from me.
the clear path i am on disappears right in front of me & when i open my eyes again, i am in an unfamiliar place.
a place i have never been before. and it scares me.
fear takes over. fear of the unknown. fear of change.
this new place is foggy & i can't see clearly where that new path will lead me.
how can i trust that it will lead me somewhere i can feel safe & secure again?
and when will i find that clarity & peace that once was mine?
the things is, i don't know. and there is that fear again.
but this time i tell myself its okay. that somehow this path will lead me to exactly where i need to be. 
because in all this confusion there is still one thing i know with a surety. that i can "trust an unknown future to an all-knowing god". 
and that is all i need to know right now.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. I think we all feel that way...a lot of the time. I love the word trust in regards to my relationship with Christ.
    Trust that He has a plan for me and my family.
    Trust that He can heal all things.
    Trust that all things are in His hands.
    Because I can trust I don't have to have all the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am half-way through the book "Conversations with God"--very thought provoking--it makes me think of so many times that I may have brushed off conversations--looking back now I see that, in so many ways, He has spoken to me. I will call you as soon as I finish it. (You are right there are three books, I had better get the rest on hold at the library).
    You are becoming quite the writer Linds--keep it up--and let me know if someone starts writing back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing writer! And I agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are amazing!
    you always know the right thing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember having some of those same thoughts in college. It is crazy knowing there are so many paths your life can take. It is so exciting too. I am glad you are letting us share your journey through your writing.

    ReplyDelete