5.26.2011

like, woah.


i am TWENTY-ONE!
there is something about turning 21 that is empowering.
i really feel like this age might be the perfect one. & i'd probably be fine if i stayed 21 for a few extra years.
these past few years have been lovely in so many ways. i think back to when i graduated high school & i realize how much i have grown since then. you think you know everything as a high school student but you have barely even dipped your toes in the waters of life.
these past three years have been a roller coaster of so many experiences & i am grateful for each and every one of them. the good & the bad. i know so much more about myself & about the world around me. i know i will never be done learning though, which is fine with me.
i somehow have been blessed with amazing opportunities & i can't wait to embark on my next adventure in spain. this time with not just one but three of my best friends! yeah, i'd say life is treating me pretty darn good these days.
so here is to being twenty-one! i have a feeling it really might be the best year yet.


p.s. thankyou weather for giving me some warmth & sunshine for my day of birth(:

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are sooooo beautiful----aaahh to be "forever 21"--not really but for a while--twenty-one and free anyway :-) You are as beautiful inside as you are outside--can't wait to see what lovely things the next year brings. Here is a toast to a very happy birthday-hope you are doing something fun tonight ;-)
    Love you so much,
    Aunt Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Those pictures are beautiful. I hope you have had an amazing day. I'm so happy for you that you get to go back to Spain!
    Love you!
    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forever 21 isn't just a clever name for clothing. It is a fabulous time of life, so live it up. I love the pictures. You are such a gorgeous girl. Happy Happy B-day couz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I just love my bestie! so beautiful and amzing! can't wait to spend yet another summer with you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. LINZ, i AM SURE i SAID hAPPY bIRTHDAY MORE THAN ONCE! bUT i STILL FEEL BAD i WASN'T THERE FOR IT! i STILL CAN'T BELIEVE i HAVE A Twenty-one year old daughter!!! Live It Up! I really mean it! It is truely one of the best years ever!!! I am so glad you are spending your time so wisely! Traveling, etc. etc. Why didn't I??? Oh well! I thought making money was much more important! Dumb Dumb!! And I didn't even get married until I was 31 yrs. old! What did I do Wrong??? At least your smart enough to do it right!!! So Proud of you!!! Lot's of Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete