6.21.2011

complaints about packing & time.

{sorry for the blurry photo taken from my comp. due to my laziness}
here i am. wearing the backpack that i must pack three and a half months of my life into.
& i'm not trying to be dramatic or anything but every time i walk in my room and see that  backpack a tear rolls down my cheek.
okay, so maybe i'm being a little dramatic. but seriously. it pains me just a little to think i must fit everything into that {fairly small} backpack.
i know once i'm there i won't be longing for much. cause like i blogged last summer when i went to hawaii in this post about how much stuff we have that we don't really need; i know i can survive three & a half months with this backpack.
so now that i'm over having a high-maintenance moment...

lets talk about time.
time is a fragile and fleeting thing. i have come to realize this year after year.
because i definitely understand what people mean when they say the older you get, the faster time flies.
and it is surely flying.
i will be on a plane to europe in just five days.

"time. its always time on my mind.
so pass me by. i'll be fine, just give me time."

i love that song by damien rice. i would love if time slowed down a little bit the rest of this week so i can
get everything done that i need to & just enjoy utah and everyone here a little bit longer.
however, i know when it comes time to leave on sunday (at 5:30am...) i will be ready.
because even though leaving my cell phone, my bed, my car, my wardrobe, some of my friends, & my family... i am ready for another adventure full of new experiences.
and i am also SO ready to be sitting on this....

  

see you soon mallorca!



5 comments:

  1. Awww I'm so excited for you all! I can't wait till I can relive your experiences in a couple years. That backpack is definitely quite small! You look way cute in that picture though. Your hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linz, it's exciting to see you go on another adventure out into the real world! Your blogs are interesting and informative! Keep up the good work you are doing and enjoy your time in Mallorca! We love you and will miss you, but are happy that you are fulfilling your dreams! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I seriously want to cry when I think about packing my backpack also!! I have only made my packing list. I haven't even tried to pack anything. I need to put a to do list on my forehead because everyday I get home and there is just too much to do that I do nothing the whole time. Its killing me. I'm getting very nervous but once we are there, I'll forget all about the things I "wanted" to bring. love you deary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to live out of a backpack for three months....thank goodness all you girls can look cute in an eensy, weensy, teeny, tiny swimsuit--you will be happy you only have that backpack when you are climbing the subway stairs in Europe! I just pray that they have the internet where you are going. I would hate to not hear from anyone for the next 3 1/2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linz, I am so proud of you! You did it! you are packed and in Mallorca! I love your blog, keep up the interesting times and places there. It is so much fun to skype with you! I feel like you are really here. Mikayla is having a great time at camp, I saw her yesterday by surprising her at camp! It was a Blast!!! Love you Sweetheart!!! Talk later! Start each day with a smile!!! Thanks for your positive attitude you have shared with me so many times! xo BESOS AND HUGS!

    ReplyDelete