5.02.2010

inspiration is everywhere.

even in the movie "harriet the spy". yes, i found inspiration in that movie. i always loved it when i was younger. harriet is a young girl that aspires to be a writer so she spies & writes down everything she does & everything she sees. cheesy? not at all. i wanted to be just like her. she has a nanny named "golly" (played by rosie o'donnell) who has a great outlook on life.
in the movie golly says:
"There are as many ways to live in this world as there are people in this world, and each one deserves a closer look."
how true is that? sometimes i feel people tend to be so close-minded & set in their ways that they feel the way they live is the right way and don't care to take the time to look any closer at the way someone else lives. there is so much to learn from one another.
a conversation between golly & harriet:
harriet: I want to remember everything. And I want to know everything.
golly: Well, you must realize, Harriet, knowing everything won't do you a bit of good unless you use it to put beauty in this world. True or false?
harriet: True.
golly: Of course it is.
once again, very true. knowing just isn't enough; we need to apply. what is knowledge if we don't do anything with it?
last but not least:
"Good friends are one of life's blessings. Don't give them up without a fight."
thanks for my inspiration of the day, golly.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great movie--I think I will go rent it with my new "Netflix" subscription. I remember reading "Harriet the Spy" but not seeing it. You are right inspiration is everywhere, and so are wonderful people. Thanks for the reminder! (I think you should be a writer, just like Harriet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen that movie. I will add that to my list too.
    You inspire me cous. So kind, fun, and stylin.
    I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete