9.21.2010

so long sweet summer.



dear summer,

i'll miss you. i'll miss late sunsets, walking barefoot to the mailbox, family dinners on the picnic table outback, birds singing me songs outside my window, crickets chirping me to sleep, star gazing on the grass, summer dresses, reading on my parent's deck, natural highlights, & sun kissed skin.  
thank you for the many sweet memories.
you seem to never let me down.

love always, lulu.

.    .     .     .     .    .     .     .     .    .     .     .     .    .     .

*savannah & i at the cabin, fall 2008.

although i will miss summer. it'll always come around again.
and i can't help but loVE the pretty colors on the mountains. i think its about time for a sunday drive up the canyon to gaze at the wonders of fall. don't you think?
i also can't deny my excitement for fall clothes. tights, boots, & comfy sweaters sound just lovely right now.
not to mention the sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet (yes, i'll admit i am part of the fb group called "i go out of my way just to step on a crunchy looking leaf"). who can resist?


carolyn & i at the cabin, fall 2009.

what are you all looking forward to this fall?

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to wearing my Uggs. I don't care that everyone in the world hates them, they are my babies,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well summer doesn't seem quite over, I planted a flat of flowers yesterday! But, I put out my fall decorations today and bought a new pair of jeans just in case it gets cold. I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pics that we took that one beautiful fall night, I miss that. Fall..hmmm.. I'm looking forward to wear sweaters and tights and boots, oh and playing in the leafs of course!

    ReplyDelete