11.20.2010

today is a rather blustery & chilly day.

{pictures from my parents deck}

i have been listening to the wind whip at my window all morning.
i told myself i'd be productive today and i honestly haven't gotten nearly as much done as planned, but i'm loving just sitting around in sweats doing whatever i feel. this doesn't happen very often lately so i'm thankful for this crappy weather day because i feel it gives me the right to just enjoy being at home.


and through out today i have been thinking about how thankful i am for warmth.
the warm bed i woke up in, the warm shower i took, the warm oatmeal i ate for breakfast, the warm fireplace going in our family room, the warm sweats i am wearing, & the warm house i am lounging around in.
i think i take it all for granted; but today i am truly thankful for these simple warm pleasures. 

1 comment:

  1. Steve was out of town, so this morning I slipped on a pair of long johns underneath my nightgown, then I did the dishes then I put on my jacket and went outside to cut my last roses before the storm, then I helped Jake rakes some leaves and I counted my blessings that I can be a "farm wife" and spend the day in my nightgown in the yard and not a soul in the world saw me--then at 4:00 in the afternoon I "pulled myself together" and headed to the airport! The blizzard has hit--I am glad for warm too!

    ReplyDelete